Pre-shredders are specially designed for the first mechanical step of the waste recycling process. The input waste can be different in type, size and shape and the result would be a reduced and uniform output material, which will make sorting, storing or transportation easier.
Metso’s pre-shredder range includes compact models with small capacity as well as larger units with higher throughput.
If the application and the production site require mobility of equipment we have a solution for you. The range of mobile pre-shredders has the same shredding units as the stationary shredders but they are built onto crawlers or trailers, which allows them to easily move.
Key advantages of the pre-shredders:
- Capable of processing various materials such as municipal solid waste, biomass, commercial, industrial and bulky waste.
- Different knife types are available which maximizes the capacity.
- The unique bi-directional shredding system ensures higher waste output.
- Extremely durable and resistant to wear the waste shredders enable you to process even the most challenging materials such as solid steel, reinforced concrete and rocks.
- Easy cleaning and maintenance.
- Safe for operators.